SUR55T Tripole® Speaker
The SUR55T is the most compact THX Tripole® solution we offer and is timbre matched to any of the 750 Series speakers.
Ultra-compact speaker featuring our new 750 Series components, together with 2 dedicated side drivers operating in a dipole fashion,
providing the most optimal cinematic surround sound available.
Featuring two 3” mid-tweeters on each side of the speaker oriented in dipole fashion, combined with the front-mounted 1” soft-dome tweeter and a 5.25” midwoofer direct radiating, the SUR55T provides even distribution of sound throughout the listening area with pinpoint accuracy and an enveloping soundfield.
The NEW Miller & Kreisel 750 Series takes the THX Select category to new a level and we are proud to introduce a true acoustic upgrade, in the form of our own customized Danish designed and produced tweeters.
We’ve taken the innovative high-performance technologies from the S150 Series and integrated them into the NEW Miller & Kreisel 750 Series.
New Danish-designed high-performance tweeters
- 28 mm vented voice coils provide high power handling and extended linearity.
- 28 mm high-precision coated soft dome.
- Specially constructed resonance-damped tweeter magnet-system for precise transient control.
- Integrated waveguide combined with short horn load for wide dispersion and smooth frequency response.
- High frequency prism system – Curved metal grill and angle tweeter for optimized off-axis response as well as on-axis response.
New 5.25-inch woofers
- Aluminum distortion-killer rings for reduced distortion at high SPL levels.
- New extra-stiff coated fiberglass cone with special M&K profile geometry.
- Vented pole piece in magnet system for low compression performance.
- Vented voice coil for low compression.
New optimized crossovers
- Phase-focused crossover designs optimized for low crossover points and transient control.
- New proprietary M&K Sound interconnect cables.
Specifications for the SUR55T Tripole® Speaker
|Nominal system impedance||4 ohm (Z-min 4.2 ohm)|
|Frequency Response:||80-20Khz (average response in room +/- 3dB)|
|Frequency roll off:||80 Hz (-6dB at 80 Hz near field)|
|Crossover Frequency:||1.6 Khz (“Phase focused” 4th/2nd oder)|
|Tweeter:||1,1″ Silk Coated Dome|
|Woofer:||5.25″ Coated Glass Fibre|
|Power handling:||100 watt (Long term IEC-268-5 (cycled input 87-20Khz)|
|Power handling:||55 watt (Rated IEC-268-5 (constant input 87-20Khz)|
|Recommended Amplifier Power:||25-200 watt (recommended amp power to drive speaker)|
|Sensitivity:||85 dB (avarage SPL 2.83V/ 1mtr on axis 200-10Khz)|
|System princip:||Sealed enclosure|
|Connection:||Terminal gold plating (screw for 5 mm cable / Banana)|
|Dimensions HxWxD:||10.2 x 7 x 8.7” / 25.9 x 17.8 x 22.1 cm|
|Weight:||10.25 lb / 4.7 kg|